Giving Your Words a Fresh Voice
Whether you’re looking for video narration, voice over for TV or radio commercials, character voices, or a great audiobook interpretation of your published work, I’m your guy. I bring a fresh, energetic sound for those projects that require a fun, friendly, dad- or husband-next-door sound, plus the ability to provide character voices based on your needs. I’m local to the Philadelphia metro area for on-site studio work and have home recording capability for the rest of the planet.
A graduate of Voice Box LLC‘s intensive voice over training program, I bring a fresh sound, high energy and more than 30 years of stage acting experience to your project. Plus, my work onstage and as a novelist and professional freelance copywriter means I interpret your scripts, commercial copy and manuscripts with ease.
Best of all, I’m a relaxed, confident and easy-to-direct performer who brings professionalism and a commitment to quality work to your project.
Age range: 25-45
Style: Young, friendly dad/husband, guy next door, traditional announcer, authoritative but accessible expert. Clean annunciation with neutral regional accent.
Accents: U.S. Southern, U.S. Midwest, U.S. New York City, British, Scottish, Irish, Australian, German, Russian/Eastern European, plus a wide array of character voices!
Markets: Commercials, radio, narration, e-learning, pharma/medical, audiobooks, video games, animation, film/TV, corporate training, politics
Turnaround: 24 hours
Gear/Tech: Shure XM7B Mic, Samson Meteor Condenser Mic (for travel), Focusrite Scarlet Solo USB Audio Interface, CL1 Cloudlifter Mic Activator, Audacity, Ableton Live Lite, HP Laptop w/ Intel Core i3 processor, dedicated studio space
DelWeb Communities Commercial
My Overpriced Cable-Commercial Parody
(Second male voice beginning at 0:45)
Client: Laurie Slade Funderburk for S.C. House of Representatives
Job: Campaign video voice over
Venue: Football stadium scoreboard, website, social media
Description: Client contacted me on a Thursday and was on a tight deadline, with the video portion of the 30-second ad completed but with no VO, and with ad due to be shown during a season-opener high school football game the following evening. I received the script the next morning (Friday) and provided three takes with edits by 12:30 p.m., with delivery via email. The video was ready for presentation by game time.
Client Feedback: “Scott was the perfect choice for my campaign video. Controlled, clear, and energetic, Scott’s voice projected the right amount of confidence and enthusiasm my message needed. Scott was very accommodating, turning around the product very quickly and very professionally.”
- Higgins – “My Fair Lady” (also singing)
- Marmion – “Comic Potential”
- Gooper – “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”
- Mortimer – “Arsenic and Old Lace”
- Young Scrooge/Nephew Fred – “A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley”
- Jonathan Harker – “Dracula”
- Giles – “The Mousetrap”
- Howard – “Death of a Salesman”
- Evans – “On Borrowed Time”
- Father – “Go Ask Alice”
- Calhoun – “Babes in Arms” (also singing)
- Mordcha – “Fiddler on the Roof” (also singing)
- Available Jones – “Li’l Abner” (also singing)
- Voice Over Master Class – Voice Box LLC, Narberth, Pa.
- Advanced Voice Over Class – Voice Box LLC, Narberth, Pa.
- Introduction to Voice Over – Voice Box LLC, Narberth, Pa.
- WUSC-FM University Radio – On-Air Talent, University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
- Minor in Theater and Speech (Major in News Editorial Journalism) – University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.